Similar to the My 5 Little Things/Mis 5 Cositas Journal, the focuse on writing about 10 LITTLE THINGS each day, instead of 5. The resources were designed after I tried a generic grateful journal (Today, I am grateful for…) in my 1st-grade classroom but was getting the same answers all the time: family, food, my house, my pets, etc…
They didn’t know you can be grateful for anything and everything! So, we started writing about the little things (and silly things): shoelaces, velcro, chalk, desk, spoons, toilets, toothbrushes…you get the idea.
We began with 5 and then worked our way up to 10 little things! They were so excited, proud, and also challenged when we bumped up our gratefulness to 10.
It became fun! They enjoyed filling out the sheets in the morning, they began to enjoy writing and best of all, their attitudes became positive and happy!
INCLUDED IN OF THE “MY 5 LITTLE THINGS” and “MIS 5 COSITAS” Journals:
- 30 Templates! The templates are designed with varying writing abilities in mind. There are a wide variety of pages: from little writing with lots of places to draw everything out to pages that have all writing and there are many pages that have both! A few topics include nature, compliments, laughter, kindness, and favorite activities.
- 4 different cover styles so kids can take some ownership in their journaling book. We all know how kids love to pick out their own stuff!
- 3-page guide with tips, how-to’s, and 20 additional prompt ideas
- 5 take-home pages! These can be brought home to reflect back on the day and make some goals for the next day. It’s completely optional, of course, but I did have many students that loved showing and working on it with their family at night.
Numerous studies have shown how important gratitude is for children:
- increase in concentration/engagement in school
- increased self-esteem
- ability to cope better with stress
- a decrease in aggressive behavior
- more optimistic/happy
- better sleep
Download the My 10 Little Things Journals today! NO PREP!
Are you thinking 10 things are too much right now? Try the My 5 Little things and Mis 5 Cositas instead. Or better yet, start with the “My 5” and work your way up to 10 little things and get all 4 Journals (English and Spanish) in a money-saving bundle!
**Everything also available in our TPT Store!
Please feel free to e-mail me any questions or concerns that you may have about this product at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
**Also available: My 5 Little Things/Mis 5 Cositas Gratitude Journals!